We are pleased that you have signed up for an Engaged Encounter Weekend. The purpose of this page is to provide the information that you will need prior to your weekend experience.
Weekend Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning. Please arrive on-time and eat breakfast before arrival. Meals start with lunch on Saturday.
The weekend concludes on Sunday around 5:00 p.m. It is necessary for you to attend the entire weekend.
Weekends are held at one of two different facilities. The confirmation e-mail that you received has a link entitled ‘Directions to the Weekend’ which will provide you detailed instructions for your particular weekend..
What to bring?
- Complete the registration form and bring it with you when checking in.
- Bring your personal toiletries and medicines. Please pack separately as there is a separate room for the man and woman.
- Bring a personal coffee mug if possible.
- We ask each couple to bring a snack and a soda/juice/water to share during the weekend. Couples often bring fruit, cookies, chips, brownies, etc.
- If you play a musical instrument and would like to contribute that talent especially during religious services, we would be thrilled.
- Dress for the weekend is casual, jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts are fine.
Need more information?
In the event of an emergency and you must reschedule your weekend, please call the Engaged Encounter Registration Couple at 410-439-4217 and leave a message that will be returned as soon as possible. Please note that the weekend cost is non-refundable. Should your contact information change please contact us at the address below.
Baltimore Catholic Engaged Encounter
PO Box 42
Myersville, MD 21773
410-439-4217 eMail: email@example.com
The Engaged Encounter Weekend is a couple-oriented experience. Most weekends have a group of twenty-five engaged couples. Although the format involves presentations given to the group by the presenting team, it is really a sharing time for you as a couple. You will spend a good part of the weekend sharing and dialoguing with your partner on a variety of topics. This sharing has two parts: first a writing and reflection time and second, a sharing time. Again, this is done privately between you as a couple.
The success of the weekend for you as a couple is directly related to how much effort you put into it. Please try to remember that a weekend away from the stress of jobs, family and wedding plans can be a once-in-an-engagement occurrence. We believe that this is a wonderful opportunity for your relationship to grow and for you to renew and strengthen your feelings for one another. We hope it will be of value not only in the time before your wedding, but also in your lifetime together. –The Baltimore Engaged Encounter Community.